WellSteps follows all applicable data privacy laws and appropriate industry-standard safeguards to manage and secure your personal information by following the privacy practices below.
Last updated December 2022.
What Information Does WellSteps Collect?
- WellSteps will collect and use only the personal data which you disclose to WellSteps as part of your participation in the Services, such as smoking status, physical and emotional health status, productivity and satisfaction with several facets of your life, and use of the health care system.
- We will collect Personal data that allows us to best interact with you as the consumer including but not limited to: first and last name, email address, browser, cell phone number and carrier (optional), as well as IP address and login device information such as phone model.
- Should you choose to sync your account with a fitness wearable device, that information will also be protected in the ways described here.
- WellSteps does not house or collect personal information without the knowledge of our customers.
- WellSteps does utilize cookies (a small file placed on your device). These cookies do not contain any identifiable information and can be refused for any and all websites at any time through your browser settings.
- Any information willfully entered by the individual in company-wide viewable areas on the site, will be available to view by all users in the company.
- WellSteps will never sell your information to third parties.
Who Has Access To My Information?
- WellSteps does not share your identifiable health information with your employer. Any information provided to your employer will be stripped of identifying information and will be provided in aggregate.
- WellSteps may share the responses from your Personal Health Assessment with a Health Coach, but only if you grant us permission.
- Our employees may access your information to help provide wellness services and improve our platform and products.
How Will My Information Be Used?
- Your information will be used to provide direct feedback to you, to plan and deliver elements of the wellness program, and to produce aggregate level reports, improve our platform and services but is used in a way which your identity is protected.
- Your personal information will be used to contact you and manage both user and employer requests.
How Will My Information Be Kept Secure?
- WellSteps safeguards the security of your information with current physical and electronic procedures. Data is stored on open air servers located in multiple state sites within the United States. WellSteps stores your information on secure servers with real-time, redundant back-up so that your data is both secure and retrievable in the event of an outage.
- WellSteps uses industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages where personal information is required. With any transactions you must use an SSL-enabled browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer version 8 or later.
- Using an updated browser is recommended because it helps protect the confidentiality of your personal information while it is transmitted over the Internet.
- When, on rare occasion, WellSteps does refer to external websites, WellSteps does not share your personal information with those websites. However, WellSteps is not responsible for their privacy practices. WellSteps encourages you to learn about the privacy policies of any websites that you visit.
- Your information will be kept throughout the duration of the Statement of Work between WellSteps and client and an acceptable time limit thereafter to produce reports and analyze the program. All your personal information will be destroyed thereafter if requested.
- You may request your information be removed and destroyed from our system by emailing email@example.com. Should a request be made, your full user account will be deleted as your information, personal and health related, is necessary to utilize the WellSteps system.
- Should you have further questions about this Privacy Notice or the security of our website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.