When implemented correctly, the WellSteps Solution will maximize engagement, improve employee health behaviors and lower health risks. These changes will subsequently produce improvements in health care cost trends.
We are so confident that our WellSteps Solution will create change that we back it with the WellSteps Performance Guarantee. Our three-year performance guarantee address three key metrics: employee engagement, behavior and risk change, and cost trend. The client is required to meet commitment standards for this guarantee to be operational.
- Year One: At the end of year one, program participation will exceed 50% of all eligible participants or WellSteps will refund 20% of the PEPM fees for year one. (Ask for a Statement of Work for full description).
- Year Two: At the end of year two, program participants will demonstrate a minimum improvement in health behaviors or health risks of no less than 7% or WellSteps will refund 20% of the PEPM fees from year two. (Ask for a Statement of Work for full description). We guarantee change in a healthy direction in the health behaviors and health risks that are targeted in the WellSteps behavior change campaigns as measured by the WellSteps Personal Health Assessment. For example, at the end of year two, program participants will be 7% more physically active than when they started the program.
- Year Three: At the end of year three, WellSteps program participants will have fewer medical expenditures than non-participants. The savings will total at least 150% of the cost to deliver the WellSteps solution, or WellSteps will refund 20% of the PEPM fees from year three. (Ask for a Statement of Work for full description). This is a 150% guaranteed return on investment.
For WellSteps to deliver on our guarantee, we ask that client company meet minimal performance expectations including:
- Providing a letter of support from the CEO
- Creating an onsite wellness committee
- Providing help distributing campaign materials
- Allowing distribution of marketing and communications
- Entertaining policy and work environment changes
- Facilitating the delivery of health care claims data to WellSteps
- Maintaining the same health insurance company for the guarantee period
- Medical expenditure data must be delivered in a useable format, such as .xls or .csv, to WellSteps. The analysis will compare WellSteps program participants and non-participants over the three-year intervention period.
Click here to ask questions about the guarantee.